Cooking & Serving Peking Duck
Cooking & Serving Kolikof Peking Duck
Thaw overnight in refrigerator (see below)
Total cooking / prep time: 2 hrs. 45 mins.
Serves 4-6 people
- Remove Peking duck from packaging and thaw uncovered, overnight (10-12 hours), breast side up, in a refrigerator.
- Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly season the Peking duck skin with salt, place duck on a cooking rack in a roasting pan, and loosely tent with foil.
- Roast the Peking duck for 30 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350ºF and roast (still covered) for 1.5 to 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 200-205°F.
- Just before removing from oven, broil duck on high for 2-3 minutes until skin is crispy, brown, and glassy.
- Remove Peking duck from oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- If serving with our Bao Buns, now is the time to remove the frozen bao buns from their packaging. Steam them for 15 minutes.
- Carve the Peking duck.
- Remove/carve the crispy skin from the back and legs of the duck and slice into strips
- Remove the legs, wings, and breast
- Carve the duck breast into thin slices leaving skin intact
- Pull/shred the meat from legs and wings
- Assemble all meat and skin on platter
- To serve:
- Spread hoisin sauce on steamed bao bun
- Add slices of cucumber and/or scallions
- Add some crispy skin and duck meat