- 1 Australian wagyu boneless rib eye (1-1.5 lbs)
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary)
- Remove the Australian wagyu boneless rib eye from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the rib eye generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Sear the rib eye on all sides until a nice crust forms, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add some fresh herbs to the pan, such as thyme or rosemary, along with a few cloves of crushed garlic and a tablespoon of butter.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the rib eye for about 8-10 minutes for medium rare, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature - 125 degrees Fahrenheit for rare, 135 for medium rare, and 145 for medium.
- Remove the rib eye from the oven and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
When serving the Australian wagyu boneless rib eye, slice it against the grain and serve it with a drizzle of the pan juices and some roasted vegetables or a simple salad. The rich, buttery flavor of the beef will speak for itself.