- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup caviar
- 1/4 cup uni (sea urchin roe)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped shallots and garlic and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and let it simmer until it has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese, caviar, and uni to the sauce and stir until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water to thin it out.
- Divide the pasta among serving bowls and garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped chives, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious caviar uni pasta!