- 12 fresh sea scallops, cleaned and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caviar
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the scallops with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over high heat.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and sear them for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the scallops for 6-8 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the scallops to a plate.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Spoon a small amount of the garlic-lemon butter sauce onto each scallop.
- Top each scallop with a small spoonful of caviar.
- Garnish the caviar scallops with finely chopped parsley.
- Serve the caviar scallops immediately.
Enjoy your delicious caviar scallops!