Alright, listen up, you foodies! Today we're going to cook up some mouthwatering Chilean Sea Bass Fillets. This fish is so buttery and flavorful, it'll make your taste buds dance! And we're going to kick it up a notch with a little bit of lemon and herb seasoning. Trust me, you won't be able to resist.
- 4 Chilean sea bass fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper.
- Season the sea bass fillets with the herb mixture on both sides.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned sea bass fillets to the skillet and sear them for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the fillets and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Fun fact: Did you know that Chilean Sea Bass is actually called Patagonian toothfish? The name was changed in the 1970s to make it more marketable. It's a delicious fish that's found in the cold waters of the Southern Ocean and is known for its high oil content and rich, buttery flavor.