- 4 (8 oz) beef tenderloin steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the beef tenderloin steaks with salt and press the crushed black peppercorns evenly onto both sides of the steaks.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are browned.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the steaks are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the steaks to a serving plate.
- In the same skillet, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add the beef broth to the skillet and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream.
- Cook the sauce, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Season the sauce with salt to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious pepper steak au poivre!