Potato Pancake with Creme and Caviar
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup caviar
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated potatoes, grated onion, beaten egg, flour, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the skillet to form small pancakes, pressing down gently with a spatula to flatten them.
- Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the pancakes from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and caviar.
- To serve, top each potato pancake with a dollop of the caviar cream.
- Garnish with additional caviar and chopped fresh chives, if desired.
- Serve the potato pancake with creme and caviar hot.
Enjoy your delicious potato pancake with creme and caviar!