- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vodka (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup caviar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, vodka (if using), red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 5-7 minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until it's evenly coated.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the caviar. Gently stir the caviar into the pasta until it's evenly distributed.
- Serve the pasta hot, garnished with chopped fresh chives.
Enjoy your delicious caviar pasta!