- 2 Dover sole fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the Dover sole fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dredge the fillets in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter has melted and the pan is hot, add the Dover sole fillets to the skillet and cook until golden brown on one side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the fillets over and add the lemon slices to the skillet. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Dover sole hot, with the lemon slices and pan juices spooned over the top.
Enjoy your delicious Dover Sole!