- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and warm
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine the white wine vinegar, dry white wine, and chopped shallot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they are thick and pale.
- Whisk in the reduced vinegar mixture.
- Place the mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk the egg mixture constantly until it thickens and forms ribbons when the whisk is lifted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the heat and slowly drizzle in the melted butter, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Stir in the chopped fresh tarragon and chervil.
- Season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the Bernaise sauce immediately with your favorite meat dishes.
Enjoy your delicious Bernaise sauce!